Now, you can update your HTC One S via installing zenROM5 Custom ROM has great features. Though this ROM is based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Stock and Sense 5, it’s very stable, smooth and with a better battery life. After getting this ROM on your device, you can install various mods for better customization and performance. Let’s see some other features of zenROM5 Custom ROM for HTC One S.
Features of zenROM5 Custom ROM:
- Based off stock M7_U_JB_50_hTC_Asia_TW_1.29.709.4 build by sun_dream (latest 4.1.2 base by HTC)
- Very stable
- Very smooth
- Great battery life
- As close to stock Sense 5 as possible
- Advanced reboot menu
- Longpress-to-kill apps
- Advanced camera settings with audio & video bitrate, encoding controls
- Battery percentage mod flashable by he_stheone64, modified for the One S
- Sony Bravia Display Engine 3
- All apps always updated
So, get ready to install this ROM on HTC One S. Today, in this article, I will provide you the step-by-step guide on ‘How to install zenROM5 Custom ROM.’. If you want to, then go on reading the post carefully!
1. Charge you batter upto 70-80 % level.
2. Download HTC One S drivers.
3. Back-up your phone data.
4. Enable USB debugging.
- Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
5. Your device bootloader must be unlocked.
6. Device must be rooted and CWM Recovery installed.
Method to install zenROM5 Custom ROM:
Step 1: Firstly, download the below file and place it into external/internal memory.
Step 2: Now, boot into CWM Recover/TWRP mode by pressing and holding ‘Volume down + Power Key’ for few seconds and from there select ‘Recovery’ for further process.
Step 3: In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
Step 4: Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file.
Step 5: Now, wait for few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again return to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
Step 6: As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Voila! Now you have got the Stable and Smooth Custom ROM installed on your device. I hope you have not faced any problem, as this is the simplest guide on How to install zenROM5 Custom ROM for HTC One S. Otherwise, if you face any problem or having query then connect with me via the below comments section. [Via]