There ain’t no doubt that the YU Yureka has been the show stopper for many entry level devices since it’s debut. The only thing where the mighty budget device was lagging behind was for it’s Lollipop update. The YU Yureka runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset which has a 64 bit architecture and to make it run at it’s optimum, dedicated software is also required and there comes Android Lollipop with it’s optimizations for 64 bit chipsets.
So without much ado, we’ll be taking you through the process of updating your Yureka with the official Cyanogenmod 12S manually. Since this is the official update, you’ve got hardly anything to worry about.
Before getting started, make sure you go through the following pre requisites:
- Enable Developer Options by tapping on the Build Number from the About Phone section in the settings menu.
- Enable Advanced Reboot Menu from the Developer options.
- Backup all your data as this process might require a full wipe.
- Make sure you have at least 50% of charge on your phone’s juice pack as the flashing process can be sticky at times!
Again, you’ll need the Official ROM zip file to be downloaded which is definitely the key ingredient of the entire thing!
Follow this link and download the Official Cyanogenmod 12S zip file for your YU Yureka.
Done with all the preparations, let’s begin the flashy stuff. Make sure you follow all the steps mentioned below in the same order as well, being experimental doesn’t always help!
- Rename the file which you just downloaded to “update.zip” and put it into the root folder of your phone’s memory.
- Now boot into the recovery mode from the Advanced Reboot Menu which you just enabled during the pre-requisites. In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the Volume rocker and confirm or make a selection using the power key.
- In the recovery mode, wipe everything and do a “Factory Reset” by selecting the same from the recovery menu.
- Now go to “apply update” and subsequently, “Choose from internal storage” and then navigate through “0/” and select the zip file which you pasted in here as stated in step #1.
- Confirm on the screen to follow and then navigate back to the recovery menu and select “Reboot system” to reboot into your freshly updated OS.
Note that this Reboot may take a bit longer than usual as the system tries to finalize the installation.
Again, everything stated above should work only in case you’re running everything stock. In case you aren’t, you’ll have to revert back to stock by flashing the entire system using the PC tool.
However, if you faced any issues or difficulties during the above process, drop us a word in the comments section and we’ll make sure you pull it off! Happy To Help!