Android Lollipop is finally here for the Redmi 1s. Okay before you get way too excited let me calm you down with some more news. This isn’t actual Lollipop, this is just a themed Kitkat Rom, But this looks exactly like Lollipop so you can celebrate yet agai! Excited for this? I sure am! Let’s see dive right in!
- Android L Themed Framework
- Android L Themed Notification Panel
- Android L Status Bar
- Google Bootanimation
- Xposed Features
- Xposed Options Added in Settings
- Lollipop Layouts
- Notification Panel Customisable
- Walkman Material Music Player (Thanks To @Ashish_ex)
- PIE Controls
- No Irritating SIM Labels – 1 & 2 in Status Bar
- Android L Icons
- Lockscreen Modified
- ASUS Browser Included Instead of Stock
- Gapps Included
- SLIMKAT Camera (Thanks To @SuperDroid-BOND)
- MOTOROLA Gallery
- Dialer Themed
- All Apps Updated
- Dolby Digital & Viper4ANDROID Included
- Best Voice Clarity
- Android L Type Recent Apps
- ROM’s Easter Egg Added in About Phone Section
- Brightness Slider Added in Notification Panel
- Lollipop Easter Egg (Credits to @Droidbuster)\
- Multi-Window Option Included
- Android L Wallpapers
- Official Google Android L Messenger
- Lockscreen Notifications
- Android L Themed Call Screen
- Smart Pulldown
- Quick Pulldown
- Recovery Option in Power Menu
- Screencast Feature
- Extremely Bugless
- Floating Notifications
- Hover Mode
- Swap Enabled
- CUSTOM KERNEL – CODY KERNEL Included (All Credits To @thewisenerd For Such A Brilliant Kernel) – CODY Kernel Features
- Your Xiaomi Redmi 1S must be rooted. Check out this link to know how to do that.
- You must have a custom recovery installed, like TWRP or CWM.
- Your phone must be charged over 80%.
- Some common sense and ability to follow instructions.
With that done, let’s get this show on the road.
Press the volume up and power buttons simultaneously till the TWRP recovery screen shows up. Take a backup of your current ROM. This backup is very important if anything ever goes wrong.
Go to the install option and navigate to the folder containing the ROM. Install the ROM.
Go to the Wipe option and perform the basic wipe.
Reboot into system.
The first boot may take some time around 10 minutes. So don’t worry too much if it takes a tad bit too long to boot up.
How do you like this ROM? Leave your comments and questions doen below. Also if you want me to test out any other ROm for the Xiaomi Redmi 1s, sound off below.
We’ll leave you with a few screenshots of the ROM.