Disappointingly, I must say that T-Mobile HTC Glacier: myTouch 4G is discontinued from the manufacturer itself in terms of production as well as up-gradation. The last and the first update from the HTC was Android 2.2 Froyo – a quite older version. However, the method to root HTC Glacier: myTouch 4G is available and fortunately, many Custom ROMs are available. From the huge list, here is the well-known developer of Custom ROM for the various devices, i.e., CyanogenMod ROM. Undoubtedly, this CyanogenMod 10.2 is based on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean packed with plentiful features without any bugs.
Presently, in this post, we will show the guide on how to update T-Mobile HTC Glacier with CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 ROM with simple steps. Your task is to follow the below tutorial carefully and if you have any doubts or queries then you can immediately shoot a comment to us via the comments box below. If not, then start traversing through the tutorial.
1. The device bootloader must be unlocked.
2. The device must be rooted and CWM Recovery installed.
3. Make sure you take the backup of your current system.
4. Install the correct USB drivers on your PC.
5. Download files.
Steps To Update T-Mobile HTC Glacier: myTouch 4G
1. Download above to file to your computer.
2. Connect your device to PC via USB cable to copy the downloaded file into an external/internal memory and disconnect it when the copying is completed.
3. Switch off your device.
4. Boot into CWM Recovery mode. Use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
5. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
6. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete. Similarly, follow this step to flash Gapps.
7. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
8. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Congratulations! You have successfully updated Android 4.3 JellyBean on HTC Glacier. Now, taste it and share your feedback with us in the below comments section 😀