Here is the good news for T-Mobile Galaxy S2 that now they can update their devices to the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat version. It’s quite amazing that the device which is not available in market receives latest Android update. Though the update is not official, but still users can taste the latest iteration of Android on their old devices without any hassle. So, those users who want to update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 to Android 4.4.3 KitKat can flash Carbon Custom ROM.
Carbon ROM is one of the best Custom ROMs available for all high-end devices and now it has been ported to legendary T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 device.
The ROM is filled with its own set of features, extra customization options, system tweaks, themes and much more. This shows that the users don’t need any third-party apps to customize their interface or to avail any extra features on the device. In case, if you are ready to update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 to Android 4.4.3 KitKat via Carbon ROM then follow the below on it.
- The flashing process purely depends on device battery. If the device battery is not properly charged, then you might face some serious issues. So, it’s recommended to charge your device battery up to 70%.
- Make sure you have enabled “USB Debugging” option on your device.
- Your device must be rooted and CWM Recovery installed for flashing the ROM.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of your current ROM.
Update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 to Android 4.4.3 KitKat
Step 2: Connect your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 to your PC via USB data cable.
Step 3: Copy both the downloaded files to your device memory.
Step 4: Disconnect your device and turn it off.
Step 5: Now, boot your device in to ‘Recovery mode”. For that, there is a special key combination.
- Press and hold “Volume Up key” + “Home button” + “Power button” together for a dew seconds.
Step 6: Once you get in to “Recovery mode”, you have to format the current system data. To do so:
- Wipe data by choosing the “Wipe data/Factory reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” options.
- Further, you have to perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache“.
Step 7: Return to the Recovery main menu and choose “install zip from SD card” and give a path to downloaded ROM from file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete.
Step 8: Similarly, follow the “Step 7” to flash “Gapps“ file.
Step 9: Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose “Reboot Now“.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 to the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat. Now, you have new interface and new features to explore from scratch, start enjoying it! For any help, you can directly shoot a comment to us using the below comments section.