Sony Xperia Z2 receives the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop port from the most popular CyanogenMod developers. Recently, the CyanogenMod team has come up with the latest “Nightly” builds for various high-end devices and fortunately, the flagship Xperia Z2 get a hit too.
Obviously, this is very big news for the users who are still waiting for the official lollipop update from Sony. Well, now, the wait is over and it’s time to celebrate. Here comes the taste of lollipop from the CyanogenMod factory for the Sony Xperia Z2. So, what are you waiting for? Get your Xperia Z2 updated to Lollipop by going through the below step-by-step guide.
- Make sure that Xperia Z2 should have 70 – 80% battery. If not, then please charge it up!
- Check that you have enabled USB debugging option on Xperia Z2. (All Apps > Settings > System > Developer Options and Android Debugging – check box).
- The phone must be bootloader unlocked, rooted and CWM/TWRP Recovery installed on it.
- Ensure you have backed up your important data.
Steps to Update Sony Xperia Z2 to Lollipop using CyanogenMod 12 ROM
Step 1: Download both the packages on your PC and then copy it to your Xperia Z2 internal storage.
Step 2: Switch off your phone.
Step 3: Boot your Sony Xperia Z2 into CWM Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Power button and wait for the Sony logo to come up, then press the Volume Up button several times.”
Note: In the Recovery mode, use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
Step 4: Now, you have to delete all your current data to perform a fresh installation.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition“
- Go to advanced, from there select “wipe Dalvik Cache“.
Step 5: Further, go to the main menu choose “install zip from SD card” > Select CyanogenMod ROM File > give “Yes” for flash confirmation.
Note that the process will take 3-5 minutes to install the ROM so wait for the whole process to complete.
Step 6: To flash the Gapps package, you have to follow the same “Step 5″.
Step 7: Once you have flashed all the files successfully, go back to the main menu and select “reboot system” now.
That’s it! Your Xperia Z2 is now booting up the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS. Get ready to experience a whole new adventure and polymer effect on your Xperia Z2. Do share your reviews with us via the below comments section. Enjoy 😀