The CyanogenMod developers have released the latest build CyanogenMod 11 M9 Snapshot for various smartphones. Luckily, the Sony’s current flagship Xperia Z2 smartphone is one of the devices to receive this latest update via CyanogenMod. The update is based on the current Android 4.4.4 KitKat version and comprises of various customization features. You can check out the features change-log below to get a better idea.
Features of CyanogenMod 11 M9 Snapshot Custom ROM:
- Double-tap to sleep
- Center clock support
- Performance improvement in ‘Torch’
- Safe headset volume prompt option
- Additional Proximity wake-up support option – prevents accidental wake-up of device (when kept in bag or pocket), by using sensor.
- Spam notification filtering
- Data usage info (additional support for CDMA devices without SIM cards)
- Additional improvements and highlighting option for ‘Settings’ search
- Bluetooth improvements (adds A2DP profiles)
- AVRCP 1.5 disable default option introduced for Bluetooth feature to fix various car unit compatibility issues
- New Email – with a fix for saving attachments to storage for POP (Post Office Protocol)3 accounts
- Translation options (developed by CM Crowdin Team)
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance user-experience
Now we are going to illustrate a guide on “How to Update Sony Xperia Z2 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CyanogenMod ROM“. Here, we have mentioned a step-by-step procedure so please make sure that you are not skipping any of the steps or you may face some serious issues on your device.
- Your mobile should have 70 – 80% battery
- Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging. (All Apps > Settings > System > Developer Options and Android Debugging – check box).
- The phone must be unlocked, rooted and CWM Recover is installed.
- Ensure you have backed up your important data.
How to Update Sony Xperia Z2 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CyanogenMod ROM
Step 1: Download above both the packages on your PC and then copy it to your Xperia Z2 memory.
Step 2: Switch off your phone.
Step 3: Boot your Sony Xperia Z2 into CWM Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Power button and wait for the Sony logo to come up, then press the Volume Up button several times.”
Note: In the Recovery mode, use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
Step 4: Now, you have to delete all your current data to perform fresh installation.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition“ and then go to advanced from there select “wipe Dalvik Cache“.
Step 5: Further, go to the main menu choose “install zip from SD card” > Select ROM File > give Yes for confirmation. The process will take 3-5 minutes to install the ROM so wait for the whole process to complete.
Step 6: To flash the Gapps package, you have to follow the same “Step 5″.
Step 7: Once you have flashed all the files successfully, go back to the main menu and select “reboot system” now.
Congratulations! Your Sony Xperia Z2 is now successfully updated to latest Android 4.4.4 Kitkat version. Surely, you’ll enjoy the best experience with fast, smooth and updated Android version. Do share your reviews with us via the below comments section. Enjoy