The successful sequel to the first blockbuster phablet, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been one popular device for sure. The Quad core Exynos powering a HD SuperAMOLED was one of it’s selling points over the competition.
The device became highly popular and is undoubtedly the only successful successor to the original note as the series took a low with the recent additions. Meanwhile, being over 2 years old now, the device is done with it’s update cycle and the users can be obvious about no more updates from the OEM now. But being an Android bestseller, the device is a hit at the forums and that means, it is on the receiving end of a lot of love from the developers, a similar surprise is this Cyanogenmod 12 ROM.
Although this is still a BETA version, the ROM is good enough to be a daily driver! Before we get started with the flashy process, let’s have a few screenies on the serve!
How to Install Cyanogenmod 12 Android 5.0 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file and Gapps Zip files.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode(Generally using Vol Up+Power Buttons).
- In the recovery mode try navigating using the Volume keys and for selection, use the Power key.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” (We mean the external sd card here!).
- Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the above step and proceed to flash it.
- Flash the Gapps zip file in a similar fashion. This helps you runs all the Google services on your fresh installation.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
- Sit back and relax, You’re home fella!
Done with the flashing process, you’ll have to be patient here as the first boot may take a bit longer than usual based upon how quick your device finalizes the installation.
Moreover, if you have any suggestions/queries, do leave us a word in the comments section.