Surprisingly, Motorola Droid X receives the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat update with CyanogenMod 11 M9 Snapshot Custom ROM. Indeed, you will not get any of the Android official updates from the manufacturer, so the device is solely depends on Custom ROMs.
Here is the latest Android update for your Motorola Droid X from the one of the most popular CyanogenMod Custom ROMs. This ROM comes with all the Stock features as well as additional customization features and device enhancement tweaks.
Well, if are interested in installing this Custom ROM on your device then you can go through our below mentioned guide on “How to Update Motorola Droid X to Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CyanogenMod ROM.”
- Motorola Droid X must be rooted and CWM recovery installed.
- Do enable the USB debugging on your device.
- Charge your device upto at-least 70%.
- Install USB Drivers on your system.
ROM & Gapps Download:
How to Update Motorola Droid X to Android 4.4.4 KitKat via CyanogenMod ROM
1. Download the above files on your Computer and after that copy them in to your Motorola Droid X internal/external memory.
2. Boot your Motorola Droid X in to CWM/TWRP Recovery mode.
Use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
3. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
4. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded CyanogenMod 11 ROM file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete. Similarly, follow this step to flash Gapps.
5. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
6. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Voila! Now, your device is running on the latest Android 4.4.4 Kitkat version. Amazing, right? Just share your experience about this awesome CyanogenMod Custom ROM. Enjoy 😀