Do you want to Update the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to the latest version of android that is the Android 4.4 Kitkat, if that is so, then you must know that you are on the best place possible on the web to update your Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to Kitkat.
There can be many reasons that why one is in mood to update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to Android 4.4 as he may wat to try some development or just get their hands on the latest android as the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx hasnt officially got the latest android for itself, so we do have to make it by manually flashing the CM11 ROM which will get Kitkat on your Device.
I think you are pretty much aware of what actually you are gonna do with your device. as updating will lead to flash a new ROM on your device. This will take away your warranty and will also will delete all your internal data with apps including.
So starting with the process i think you would really like to read the article twice before you actually practically try this tutorial on your Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. Please make sure you dont miss any of the steps to update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to android 4.4 as that can lead to total brickage of your device. SO be carefull and proceed further on your own risk.
Pre-requisites to Update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to android 4.4 Kitkat
Make sure you follow these points as they can really help you to make the process to update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx easier.
- Make sure your device is rooted and has the SuperSU app installed in it.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the CWM flashed on your Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. Which will again help us to flash a new ROM on your device.
- Make sure you make a great backup of your device, i will suggest you to make manual backups of all your messages and contacts. or you can use applications like Titanium backup to do so.
- Make Sure USB Debugging is Set ON on your device.
- Also you must have a battery of more than 80% available.
- Make sure to download the files from the next section
Continue to the next part to Download the required files.
Downloads required to Update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to Androi 4.4 Kitkat
Please download these files to update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to the latest android version available.
Just head to the next part to actually Update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to Kitkat.
Update Motorola Droid Razr Maxx to Android 4.4 Kitkat
Follow these easy steps to update your Motorola Droid Razr Maxx.
- You need to connect your device to the PC and copy the files you just downloaded to the SD card of your device.
- Make sure you don’t Extract the files.
- Now switch Off your device and reboot into recovery.
- Just go to the option to make a whole factory reset and do it.
- Now Wipe cache partition and wipe Delvik cache.
- Now you can install the ROM from the Install from ZIP option which i think is the easiest way.
- now do the same with the Googel Apps.
- after This just reboot your deice.
- Thats it.
Remember the 1st boot will take time and you will have to be patient.
Also all questions and queries are always welcome in comments.
Image credit: Engadget