Everyone around you has been getting updates and enjoying the sweet flavours of Lollipop , but you feel left out with your 2013 flagship device? Well worry no more, because now we present you with the first fully working port of Lollipop on our beloved LG G2.
The Lg G2 was a flagship device and the specsheet still holds good, enough to compete with most Android flagships of 2014. So it handles Lollipop admirably well. While we wait for the official Lollipop to arrive in February, Cyanogen Mod 12 is here to whet our thirst for the latest from Google till then.
So let’s get cracking, shall we?
But before we begin a few warning words. Rooting an Android phone voids it’s warranty. We here at www.androidrooting.org take no responsibility for your device if it is anyhow damaged in the process described below.
A few more words of advice, if you are new to rooting, follow from Step 1 otherwise if you are rooted and have a cuustom recovery installed follow from step 4.
Boot into recovery mode.
To do this:
- Switch off device
- Press and hold the power and volume down button together
- When the LG boot animation shows up release for just a second and again hold on
- You’ll be greeted with the factory data reset screen.
- Do not fear, if you have a custom recovery installed you’ll not have your data deleted
- press the power button 3 times
Now that you have successfully booted into TWRP, the first thing you should do is take a backup.
Also take a separate backup of your EFS folder, it may come in handy in a pinch later on.
Do a clean wipe of data and cache
- Flash the downloaded zip using TWRP. Click this to download the ROM
- Flash GAPPs. Download GAPPs from here.
- Flash Super SU. Download Flashable SuperSU from here.
Be very careful in this section and download only the ROM that is linked with your model number. For international G2 it is the D802. If you feel that you do not know your model number ask in the comments at the bottom of this post and I will link you to the correct ROM for your device.
Do a wipe of data cache and dalvik cache again and reboot into system.
Run through setup and enjoy your revamped G2, now running the latest version of Android 5.0.2
If you have any questions or views leave them in the comments below, I would be happy to answer them for you.
Screenshots of the ROM are provided below: