The Karbonn Titanium S5 is a very affordable and very hyped phone of the prior years. But the development of the low end device is still on a good pace so we have the unofficial Update for the Karbonn Titanium S5 to get android 4.4 Kitkat. The Karbonn Titanium S5 is a very low ranged phone, probably one of the cheapest androids ever offered by Karbonn.
By Default the Device has the Jelly Bean version. Also The manufacturer has not considered the device to even have JellyBean or ICS update because of the downgraded hardware specifications used.
Google Android 4.4 Kitkat was introduced just recently while keeping low end devices in mind. so it was expected to get an update. But as Karbonn Titanium S5 has not been updated officially with an android Kitkat so we are here to help you with the unofficial way to get Android 4.4 on your Karbonn Titanium S5. The thing that pinches me is that companies like Micromax have also confirmed Kitkat for more than 10 devices but Samsung still is far behind.
Pre-Requisites to Update Karbonn Titanium S5 to Kitkat
There are a few things that I would like you to take care of before we start with the process.
- You must have a rooted Karbonn Titanium S5
- Make sure you have a backup of your device, in this case im talking about a full backup for your device.
- Also your device needs to be charged more than 80% as the process can also take longer than expected so to avoid any kind of issue or problems you can be at a safe side by just charging your device.
- Make sure your device Model is Karbonn Titanium S5. You can confirm this by going into the About Phone in your Settings.
- Make sure you have USB Debugging ON by again going into your settings.
Lets Get to the download section to Update Android Kitkat On your Karbonn Titanium S5.
Downloads required to Update Samsung Galaxy Y
There are a few files you need to download before you can skip to the next section of this post that is the actual updating process.
After downloading just continue to the process to update Karbonn Titanium S5 to android 4.4 Kitkat.
Procedure to Update Karbonn Titanium S5 to Kitkat 4.4
just follow the process carefully to update your device to android 4.4 Kitkat. Also make sure you read the post thoroughly before you start with the actual process.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Copy and place the ROM into your SD card.
- now disconnect your device and switch off your device.
- Also now you need to boot into recovery mode.
- Once you enter the recovery mode you will navigate with volume rockers and power button to select anything.
- Thats it just install zip from SD card.
- Choose from SD card.
- and let it install.
- After a few seconds it will be written that the installation was successful.
- now just reboot your device.
- Thats It !
The 1st Boot time may take about 10 minutes so don’t panic and just wait. after this one time, your boot time will go down to normal time.
That’s it you can ask any queries or any doubts before trying this tutorial into the comment sections.