Till date, the Samsung has not revealed the list of smartphones getting an official Android Lollipop update. Still, it is expected that Android Lollipop updates will be available soon for Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Note 3, Note 4 and recent Galaxy Tablets. Nevertheless, those users who can’t wait to get their hands-on the latest Lollipop version can update their Samsung smartphone via Custom ROMs.
Recently, we have already covered the guide on how to update Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3 to Android Lollipop unofficially. No doubt that Galaxy S4 users are also waiting to see the Android Lollipop glimpse on their smartphone. So, those Galaxy S4 owners who want to try out Lollipop goodies can go through the below update guide. Here, we are going to show you a step-by-step version of How to Update Galaxy S4 to Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM.
- The flashing process purely depends on device battery. If the device battery is not properly charged, then you might face some serious issues. So, it’s recommended to charge your Galaxy S4 battery up to 70%.
- Make sure you have enabled “USB Debugging” option on your Galaxy S4.
- Your Galaxy S4 must be rooted and CWM/TWRP Recovery installed for flashing the ROM.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of your current ROM.
How to Update Galaxy S4 to Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM
Step 2: Connect your Galaxy S4 I9505 to your PC via USB data cable.
Step 3: Copy both the downloaded files to your device memory.
Step 4: Disconnect your device and turn it off.
Step 5: Now, boot your device in to ‘Recovery mode”. For that, there is a special key combination.
- Press and hold “Volume Up key” + “Home button” + “Power button” together for a dew seconds.
Step 6: Once you get in to “Recovery mode”, you have to format the current system data. To do so:
- Wipe data by choosing the “Wipe data/Factory reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” options.
- Further, you have to perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache“.
Step 7: Return to the Recovery main menu and choose “install zip from SD card” and give a path to downloaded ROM from file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete.
Step 8: Similarly, follow the “Step 7″ to flash “Gapps“ file.
Step 9: Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose “Reboot Now“.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Galaxy S4 I9505 to the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. For any help, you can directly shoot a comment to us using the below comments section.