If yo want to update your Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.4 kitkat which is the latest android version available then you can, off course by flashing the The CyanogenMod-based Android Open Source Bam (AOSB) ROM onto your Nexus you can technically get the android 4.4 version on to your Nexus.
Rather than just gettig upgraded to the Android 4.4 you will actually get a lot more unexpected ROM features whih includes the very famous HOLO style. and alot more features that are enlisted below.
The update not only gets you many new internet tweaks but also the multi window functionality onto your Galaxy Nexus.
Pre-requisutes to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
There are a few things to keep in mind when trying this tutorail
- Make sure you try this on Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only. This is very important.
- Make sure you aheva full backup of all your data.
- Make sure you have mor ethan 80% of battery remaining onto your android.
- Put the USB Debugging to On.from developers options.
Settings > Developer Options
Tap the phone’s Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings
- Make sure you have rooted your deice.
- Also you must have the latest CWM recovery rather than the stock android recovery.
Downloads required to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
There are a few files you need to download before you carry on this process.
Now you can skip and enter the procedure to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Here are few very easy steps to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. So just go and perform with attention.
- Copy the Google Apps and the ROM file to the Device’s memory card and make sure they have not been extracted.
- Now you can disconnect your device for PC and switch it off and wait for 10 seconds to let it be in switch of mode properly.
- Now press the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Buttons all together until you see the CWM screen that is the Android recovery. Now here you can navigate by using the volume rockers and select by pressing power button.
- Go to the Wipe data/Factory reset and do it. After that just Clear the Cache Partition.
- Now you need to go to mounts/store and Format / data.
- Now you can go to advanced and clear delvik cache.
- Now you can come back to main menu, and choose install .zip from sd card. select the AOSB ROM and install it. now after this install the Google Apps in the same way as before.
- you are done. just reboot your device. The device will take pretty much time at the first boot. so be patient.
Once switched ON you can check the android version of your device by going into settings> about Phone.
This was a tutorial to successfully Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Cheers and all comments and support tickets are welcome.!