Google is working with local smartphone manufacturers to develop low price smartphones for first time smartphone buyers in developing countries. The OEMs just manufacture the phone, software and security updates are handled by Google itself. Sundar Panchai, senior VP of Google launched the Android One programme last year. The first Android One smartphones were by the Indian brands Micromax, Spice and Karbonn. All 3 devices pack almost the same hardware and software specifications. Android One is currently available in many developing countries. In this article, we’ll guide you about how you can update your Android One (Micromax Canvas A1, Karbonn Sparkle V and Spice Dream Uno) to the latest official Android 5.1 Lollipop stock firmware . All these 3 Android One smartphones come with 4.5-inch display with 480 x 848 pixels, 1.3 GHz Quad-core processor with MediaTek chipsets, 4 GB Internal storage with 1 GB RAM, a 5 MP rear camera and 2 MP front facing camera with basic connectivity features. The Android One smartphones basically runs on stock Android firmware like the Moto E, so that it can provide good performance even with relatively low-end hardware. Keep in mind, that this is official firmware and as such, will not void your device’s warranty. The method of updating Android One smartphones to official 5.1 Lollipop is really easy and short. Follow all the instructions provided below step by step and you’ll enjoy 5.1 Lollipop in your smartphone for sure 😉
- This method is only for Micromax Canvas A1, Karbonn Sparkle V and Spice Dream Uno Android One smartphones. Don’t try this one any other smartphone.
- Create a backup of all your important data for safety.
- Make sure your device is fully charged (minimum 60%).
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Download Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop update for Micromax Canvas A1
- Download Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop update for Karbonn Sparkle V
- Download Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop update for Spice Dream Uno
How To Update Android One To 5.1 Lollipop
- Download the latest update zip file and transfer it in your device’s SD card.
- Now switch off your mobile and boot your device into recovery mode. Press and hold the Volume up button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
- In the recovery menu that appears on your screen, use Volume down button to highlight “apply update from sdcard” and press Power to select it.
- Use Volume buttons to navigate and select the update zip file and Power button to select the zip file.
- Once the flashing process is finished, select “reboot system now” to restart your device.
Your device is successfully updated to Android 5.1 Lollipop.