Samsung has released the most awaited and the very first Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy Grand Duos 2 G7102. The Galaxy Grand Duos 2 owners can install Android 4.4.2 KitKat update using Samsung Kies.
This update is also available via OTA notification, so users can directly download the update package using Wi-Fi. Well, those users who are not comfortable with any of the specified methods then they can go with the manual method which we have defined here.
Today, we are going to show you a detailed guide on “How to Update Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Grand Duos 2 [G7102XXUBNH3]”.
Note: This update is for those users who has a device with a “G7102XXUBNH3″ baseband version. You can check your device baseband firmware by navigating to “Settings > About Phone”.
Model name: GALAXY Grand 2 DUOS
Version: Android 4.4.2
Before going for update procedure, please make sure that you have Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos 2 with a G7102XXUBNH3 baseband. If your device doesn’t meet this requirement, then stay away from the guide. Now, let’s get started.
- Device must be charged upto 80% of the total battery level.
- Must be enable USB debugging found under the “Settings” menu.
- Do have a complete backup of your current data.
- Do install the Galaxy Grand Duos 2 USB Drivers.
Download Update Files:
How To Update Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Grand Duos 2 [G7102XXUBNH3]
Step 1) Download above all files on your computer as well as extract it on the desktop.
step 2) Turn off your device.
Step 3) Now, boot your device in to download mode by pressing and holding following key combination.
- Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button – you’ll get a warning window
- To avoid it, press Volume Up for one more time and you have entered into the downloading mode.
Step 4) Open the “Odin.exe” from the extracted folder.
Step 5) Connect your device in downloading mode only to your computer with the help of USB data cable.
Step 6) Once your device is connected, blue/yellow/green light will glow under one for the ID:COM box.
Step 7) Now, you have to select files as per below are defined configuration.
- Click on “AP / PDA” button and select “.tar.md5″ file.
- Click on “CP / Phone” button and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Ignore this selection, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “CSC” button and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Ignore this selection, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “PIT” button and select the “.pit” file. (Ignore this selection, if you don’t find such file)
Step 8) Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked. Don’t check any other box.
Note: If you find “.pit” file in your extracted folder then you have compulsory check Re-Partition box.
Step 9) Finally, hit the “Start” button to start the updating process.
Step 10) Once all the tasks are completed, you’ll receive “PASS” message on the screen with the big green ring.
That’s it! Your device is updated to latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Check out the various improvements and device performance. For any help, post your queries in the comments box below. Enjoy 😀