After the announcement of Android 4.4 Kitkat, many manufacturer’s has started releasing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for various Smartphones and Tablets. Though, there are many Smartphones and Tablets which will not receive any update from the manufacturer. It doesn’t mean that you can update Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your device or tab. A one way to get Android 4.3 is to install Custom ROMs.
Here is the Acer Iconia Tab A500, the last update launched by Manufacturer was Android 4.0 ICS and after that no further support from the manufacturer. But thanks to the other development team because they have developed an awesome Custom ROM for Acer Iconia Tab A500. The name of the ROM is CyanogenMod, we all know how famous this ROM is! So, now, Acer Iconia Tab A500 users can update Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and use all the latest features without any frustration.
Below is the tutorial to update Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Acer Iconia Tab A500. First, you have to go through the complete tutorial and follow all the steps carefully. If you have any queries then do share with us via the comments box below! And of course, this will save your phone from being damaged.
Things To Perform:
1. Charge your battery up to 70-80%.
2. Make sure USB Debugging must be ON.
3. Make a complete backup of your device data.
4. Your tablet must be rooted and CWM Recovery installed (SER Powerhouse).
5. Download files to update Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Acer Iconia Tab A500
Method to Update Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Acer Iconia Tab A500
1. Download above to files to your computer.
2. Connect your tablet to PC via USB cable to copy the downloaded files and disconnect it when the copying is completed.
3. Switch off your tablet.
4. Reboot into recovery mode.
5. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
6. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file.
7. Return to the main menu and from there again choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to GApps.
8. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
9. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Hurray! you have successfully updated the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Acer Iconia Tab A500. Now go and enjoy it. Don’t forget to leave your feedback and do share your reviews with us 😀