As we are traversing with the modernized world, but in technology we are still lacking behind. The reason is, Android 4.4 kitkat is about to launch and you are still dealing with Android 3.2 HoneyComb on your Archos Gen9 Tablet, is it worth? Absolutely not! When an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is available to use. Thanks to the developers for their awesome work to develop Cyanogenmod 10.1 Google Edition for Archos Gen9 Tablet. Exclusively, all the latest features are induced in the ROM plus some extra customizing capabilities. Solely, I can say this ROM is clean, fast and stable – that’s what we need in every ROM.
So, what are you waiting for? Update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Archos Gen9 Tablet, simply by following below tutorial. First, you have to go through the complete tutorial and follow all the steps carefully. If you have any queries then do share with us via the comments box below! And of course, this will save your phone from being damaged.
1. Charge your battery up to 70-80%.
2. Make sure USB Debugging must be ON.
3. Make a complete backup of your device data.
4. Your tablet must be rooted and CWM Recovery installed.
5. Download files to update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Archos Gen9 Tablet
Procedure to Update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Archos Gen9 Tablet
1. Download above to files to your computer.
2. Connect your tablet to PC via USB cable to copy the ROM file and Gapps file to your internal/external memory.
3. Extract the CWM file on the desktop.
4. Turn off your tablet.
5. Now, Power On the tablet holding down the “Volume down” button to boot into recovery mode.
6. From there, Select (Recovery System) > Developer Options > Flash initramfs and zImage (or similar)
7. Connect your tablet to PC via USB cable to copy the “zImage” and “initramfs” from the extracted folder and disconnect it when the copying is completed.
8. Press POWER Button to flash the file and now it will boot into CWM recovery mode. To do so, Choose OK to reboot.
9. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
10. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file.
11. Return to the main menu and from there again choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to GApps.
12. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
13. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Hurray! you have successfully updated the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Archos Gen9 Tablet. Now go and enjoy it. Don’t forget to leave your feedback and do share your reviews with us 😀