I must say this is the most awaited update for Galaxy Grand Duos users. Definitely, because for a long time users are waiting to taste Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and its interesting features. Now, users can update 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. There two ways to update 4.2.2 Jelly bean on Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082, one you can download directly update from Samsung Kies or from entire post.
Today, in this post we will guide you on “How to update 4.2.2 Jelly bean on Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082“. What you have to do is, download appropriate firmware file and follow the below procedure to update 4.2.2 Jelly Bean :
1. Charge your battery up to 70%.
2. Enable USB debugging.
For Android 4.1.2 version:
- All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box
3. Backup your phone data.
4. Install Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 USB drivers from here.
5. Download files to update Jelly Bean on Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082.
- XXUBMF2 Firmware Update File (Leaked Firmware)
- XXUBMGA Firmware Update File (Russian users)
Procedure to update Jelly bean :
1. Download and extract Odin and appropriate Jelly Bean update file files on you computer.
2: Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power Key (long Press), till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the Power key/Volume Up to enter download mode.
3: Open the “Odin.exe” and then connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin turns light green/yellow color.
4. Now select the files as per below instruction to update 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
5: Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes. Also, tick Re-Partition box if you have got a “.pit” file.
6: Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation finish.
7: Finally, you will get PASS! Notification on the ID: COM box and then your device will reboot automatically and now you can unplug your phone from computer.
Congratulations! Now your device runs on latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Go and enjoy! If you face any problem while updating Jelly Bean on Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082, then put your query or problem via comments below and we will solve it ASAP! Also give feedback that it works for you or not? Do share with your friends and let them also update their Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082.