As Google promised that the official Android 4.4 Kitkat will be released sooner for the Nexus device via OTA updates. However, till today, OTAs haven’t rolled out for even a single Nexus device. But, surprisingly, the latest drivers and Factory images of Android 4.4 KRT16O for all the modern Nexus Smartphones are emerged on the Google Developers Website. This means, one can update their device by flashing Stock Android 4.4 KRT16O easily.
Today, in this article, we will give stepwise orientate to update official Android 4.4 Kitkat (KRT16O) on Nexus 4. As the flashing process of all the Nexus devices is quite similar, so today we are covering up only Nexus 4 in the post. However, if you need any help in updating your Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 to Android 4.4 Kitkat (KRT16O), you can connect with us via the blow comments box. So, let’s start the journey of updating Official Android 4.4 Kitkat (KRT16O) on Nexus 4.
- Your Nexus 4 battery must be charged upto 80%.
- Make sure you have enabled the USB Debugging from the “Settings” option.
- The device bootloader must be unlocked. If not then you can do it from here.
- Don’t forget to take the back-up of your important data.
- Android SDK – Extract and Install it on your Computer. For help, refer to this link.
- Android 4.4 (KRT16O) Update File – Extract it on your Computer’s desktop.
Steps To Update Official Android 4.4 Kitkat (KRT16O) on Nexus 4
1. Connect your Nexus 4 to your Computer.
Note: After enabling USB Debugging for the first time, you are connecting your device so make sure that “RSA Key” must be accepted from the phone. Otherwise, your device will be not detected in fasboot mode.
2. Now, navigate to “C:\Program Files\Android SDK\sdk\platform-tools” on your Computer.
Note: The path specifies the location where I have installed “Android SDK“, if you have installed it in any other drive then navigate to that path.
3. Now, copy the extrated files to the above mention path.
Note: You have to copy files, not the extracted folder.
4. Hold “Shift Key” on the keyboard and give “Mouse Right-Click” to appear pop-up menu and from the select “Open command window here“.
5. In the command prompt, type the following command to boot your Nexus 4 into bootloader mode.
- adb reboot bootloader
6. Once you are in the bootloader mode, close the command prompt and launch “flash-all.bat” to start the updating process.
7. Now, just sit back and relax. Wait for the process to complete.
8. Once the process is completed, your device will be rebooted automatically. Please, wait while booting takes 3 – 4 minutes.
Congratulations! Your Nexus 4 is updated to the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat version successfully. So start enjoying the Google features and share your experience with us!