Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is a mini clone of the high-end Galaxy S4 smartphone. It comes with the exact same design as of the Galaxy S4 but differs in terms of physical hardware configuration. The main features of Galaxy S4 mini are 4.3 Super AMOLED HD display with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels, 1.7 GHz Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, Adreno 305 GPU, and 8MP primary camera. The off-putting thing is that the device is still running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and the Samsung is not planning to update it! Nevertheless, we have found out an easy way to update your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Lollipop 5.0.2 with the help of CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM. So, the users who want to upgrade their Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Lollipop, can follow the below step-by-step procedure.
- You need to charge your Galaxy S4 mini at least up to 70%.
- Your Galaxy S4 mini must be rooted and CWM/TWRP Recovery installed for flashing the ROM.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of your current ROM.
Steps to Update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Lollipop via CM12 Nightly ROM
Step 2: Connect your Galaxy Mini LTE I9195 to your PC via USB data cable.
Step 3: Copy both the downloaded files to your device memory.
Step 4: Disconnect your device and turn it off.
Step 5: Now, boot your device in to ‘Recovery mode”. For that, there is a special key combination.
- Press and hold “Volume Up key” + “Home button” + “Power button” together for a dew seconds.
Step 6: Once you get in to “Recovery mode”, you have to format the current system data. To do so:
- Wipe data by choosing the “Wipe data/Factory reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” options.
- Further, you have to perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache“.
Step 7: Return to the Recovery main menu and choose “install zip from SD card” and give a path to downloaded ROM from file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete.
Step 8: Similarly, follow the “Step 7″ to flash “Gapps“ file.
Step 9: Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose “Reboot Now“.
That’s it! You are now free to enjoy Lollipop ride on your Galaxy S4 mini version. For any help, you can directly shoot a comment to us using the below comments section.