If any user wants to update their Android Smartphone officially, then compulsory he/she must have to go with the Stock update provided by the manufacturer. The users can update their device in two ways – one way is to update directly from the device using Wi-Fi or carrier connection and another way is to update manually. So, for those users, who can’t update their Samsung Android Smartphones directly from the device, they can simply follow the below defined tutorial and get the latest update on their device with ease.
Today, in this article, we will show you the step-by-step guide to install the Official Stock ROM on Samsung Android Smartphones. To update your device without any conflict, first read the whole post completely and then go for the actual process on your device.
Steps To Install Official Stock ROM on Samsung Android Smartphones
1. Download above files on your computer as well as extract it on the desktop.
2. Switch off your device completely.
3. Now, boot your device in to download mode by pressing and holding following key combination.
- Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button – you’ll get a warning window
- To avoid it, press Volume Up for one more time and you have entered into the downloading mode.
4. Open the “Odin.exe” from the extracted folder.
5. Connect your device in downloading mode itself to your computer with the help of USB data cable.
6. Once your device is connected, blue/yellow/green light will glow under one for the ID:COM box.
7. Now, you have to select files as per below are defined configuration.
- Click on “PDA” button and select “.tar.md5″ file.
- Click on “Phone” button and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Ignore this selection, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “CSC” button and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Ignore this selection, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “PIT” button and select the “.pit” file. (Ignore this selection, if you don’t find such file)
8. Now, make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked. Don’t check any other box.
Note: If you find “.pit” file in your extracted folder then you have compulsory check Re-Partition box.
9. Finally, hit the “Start” button to start the updating process.
10. Once all the tasks are completed, you’ll receive “PASS” message on the screen with the big green ring.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Samsung Android Smartphone to the latest version. If you need any help then make comments in the comments box below.