As Google announced the beauty of Android 4.4 Kitkat that it can be run flawlessly on mid-range devices. And here comes the evidence, the mini version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 receives the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat update via the most popular CyanogenMod 11. Unfortunately, this is the early (alpha) build so there are some bugs which are specified below.
What’s Works Perfectly:
- 2D/3D HW Acceleration
- GPS and A-GPS
- Glonass navigation
- All native tethers (Wifi/BT/USB)
- Native Wifi tether
- Google Play
- Full CM11 functionallity
- CPU sleep mode
- App2sd support
- SIM Toolkit
- No flicker
- Full hardware video acceleration (720p)
- YouTube HQ
- Wifi direct
- 3.0.100 kernel
- BLN (backlight notifications) support
- Offline charging
- SELinux (temporary disabled)
- New BT/GPS/offline charging/sensors drivers
- Built using Linaro toolchain
- No CPU Bug
- 4GB+ sdcard native support (exFAT)
- auto EFS backup
- New BT/GPS/Wifi/offline charging/audio/sensors drivers – no longer buggy Samsung’s ones.
Bugs Need To Be Solved:
- Sometimes External SD is not detected by the System.
- Wifi can’t find any network.
- No camera
- No audio
- No video
In fact, this is the update especially for those users who can’t wait for the official Android 4.4 Kitkat version. If you are one of them, then grab the CyanogenMod 11 on your Samsung Galaxy S2 mini by following the below tutorial.
Today, in this post, we will give you the stepwise guide for installing Android 4.4 Kitkat Update on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Smartphone. Before going through the procedure, please make sure that you have taken the complete backup of your current ROM to stay away from unexpected results.
- Be ready with your Computer and Original USB data cable.
- The device USB drivers must be installed on your PC.
- The device’s battery must be charged up to 80% levels.
- Ensure that you have enabled the USB debugging from the “Settings” menu.
- Your device must have an root access.
- CWM Recovery must be installed for flashing the ROM.
Files Need To Download:
Now, for flashing the Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, you have to follow the below link and follow it carefully.
Apart from this, if you need any of the help then do connect with us via below comments section! Don’t forget to share your reviews. Enjoy Guys 😀 [Via]