The Micromax Canvas A1 is undoubtedly the favorite among all the Android One devices that were introduced a few months back as a part of Google’s Android One program. Considering it’s popularity and the response that the device got at the forums, it is indeed one of the biggest cards played by the Indian manufacturer. Meanwhile, there’s already a plethora of fully functional ROMs available for the device but in order for you to join the geek lot and have the latest on you phone, you’ll first need to get your device rooted. Need help? We are here for that!
Before we really get along with the rooting process, let’s take a minute and setup some tools up that’ll be necessary to get the job done smooth and easy:
- Make sure you have backed up all your data as this process(which includes a recovery flash!) might lead to loss of data.
- You’ll need to have ADB and Fastboot drivers onto your system. You can refer our All Drivers page for download links.
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery and the SuperSU zip file.
- Extract the contents of the CWM zip file and extract boot.img and place the boot.img files in the fastboot folder of your PC.
- Put the SuperSU zip file in the root folder of your phone’s storage.
Done with the pre-requisites, let’s begin with the action!
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone and connect your phone
- Navigate to the ADB and Fastboot folder on your pc and open a command window there by a right click menu while keeping the shift key pressed.
- Boot your phone up in Fastboot mode by entering the following command in the command window:
adb reboot bootloader
Now in order to unlock the bootloader, enter the following command in the command window:
fastboot oem unlock fastboot format userdata
- Now having an unlocked bootloader, let’s flash the custom recovery now!
In the command window, enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot reboot
- Now that your phone is booting a custom recovery with a chainfire made custom kernel, select recovery mode from boot and enter the recovery mode.
- Select “Install zip from SD card” and navigate further and select the SuperSU zip file which you placed in your phone’s root directory while doing the pre-flashing preparations.
- Install the zip and navigate back to the recovery menu and hit “Reboot system now”.
- Voila! You’re home!
Easy as that, you can get your Micromax Canvas A1 Android One! Do leave us a word in the comments section if you have any queries or need any suggestions! Happy to Help.