The successor to the Xperia Mini was more of a downgrade but what made it a worthy replacement was the price tag that the Xperia Tipo retailed for. The tiny little Tipo received much competition from the HTC Explorer but came over with better performance and hence, received a huge user base in return. The Xperia Tipo ran Android 4.0 ICS over a single core 800 MHz Qualcomm processor but hey, it’s always been a story of the developer support that Android devices receive, spare the low end hardware or the dropped support from the OEM itself.
The following is an unofficial Cyanogenmod 11 build for the Xperia Tipo. Cyanogenmod 11 is based on Android 4.4 Kitkat and is optimized for the minimal hardware. Cyanogenmod is an after market firmware known to provide massive optimizations over Vanilla Android while keeping the feel of the OS as stock as it can be!
Please Note That Since this ROM is still under development, a few hiccups could be there anyways. Keep calm and believe in the developers, they do work hard everyday to keep this bugs in check.
HOW TO INSTALL CYANOGENMOD 11 ON SONY XPERIA TIPO:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file and Gapps Zip files.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode(Generally using Vol Up+Power Buttons).
- In the recovery mode try navigating using the Volume keys and for selection, use the Power key.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” (We mean the external sd card here!).
- Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the above step and proceed to flash it.
- Flash the Gapps zip file in a similar fashion. This helps you runs all the Google services on your fresh installation.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
- Sit back and relax, You’re home fella!
If you’ve gone through all the steps mentioned above in the order they’ve been given, you’ll land up on the Homescreen of your Cyanogenmod installation in a few minutes as the first boot usually takes a bit longer than usual, so you’ll have to be a bit patient here. Just keep you calm and enjoy the ROM.
For more on this, you can drop us a word in the comments section or head over to the original thread if you’re keen enough. Happy to help!
Credits to the ParanoidAndroid Team for the Gapps package!