Lenovo is making lots of efforts to become one of the main leader in the Asian smartphone market and has been making some good progress. Lenovo is now the second largest smartphone vendor in China and has also acquired Motorola from Google to increase it’s share in the smartphone market. Lenovo is mainly focusing on developing countries like India for it’s smartphone sales growth because of the increasing demand in these countries. The device is packed with some impressive hardware, which makes it a strong competitor in the low-range smartphone market. The device come with a 5-inch HD (1280 X 720) display and runs Lenovo Vibe 2.0 UI on top of the Android 4.4. Kitkat. A 1.2 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU, 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage makes this device more attractive for the consumer. Lenovo A6000 has a 8 MP rear camera and 2 MP front facing camera. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to flash a custom recovery on your device using ADB & Fastboot and then root your device using that custom recovery.
- This method is working and tested on Lenovo A6000 only.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- Download and Install latest USB Drivers for your device.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
How To Install Custom Recovery
- Follow all the instructions written above for safe installation and rooting.
- Download all the required files from above in your PC.
- Install the Minimal ADB and Fastboot in your PC and then save the downloaded Custom Recovery image in the directory where you have installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
- Now connect your device to PC using data cable.
- Open the folder where you installed the Minimal ADB & Fastboot and placed recovery image, hold shift and right-click on an empty space and select “Open Command window here” option. A command window will open up.
- A command prompt window will appear on your PC’s screen. Type the following command (It will show if your device is connected or not) and hit Enter button :
- Now type the following command to boot your device into Bootloader mode and hit enter :
adb reboot bootloader
- Type the following command and press Enter button to flash Custom Recovery :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After flashing Custom Recovery image in your device. Type the following command to reboot your device :
That’s it!! CWM Custom Recovery has been successfully installed on your Lenovo A6000.
How To Root Lenovo A6000
- Download SuperSu zip file directly to your smartphone or transfer it to the external storage of your device from the PC.
- Now boot your device into Recovery Mode. To do so, turn off the device and then turn it ON by pressing the Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously.
- Your device will boot into Custom Recovery Mode now, select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the Root-SuperSU-v2.37.zip file. This will start the flashing process.
- Once the rooting process is over, reboot your device.
Your Lenovo A6000 is successfully rooted now!