Google Nexus 5 – the first device which is running on Android 4.4 Kitkat version is rooted! Of course, it’s true. This method is developed and tested by most popular Android developer “Chainfire”. So, the users who are planning to install Custom ROMs on their Google Nexus 5 Smartphone, then here is the tutorial to root Google Nexus 5.
As we are aware that Google is quite strict in terms of security, so your Nexus 5 bootloader must be locked. Don’t panic, you can unlock it by following the below procedure.
Steps To Unlock Google Nexus 5 Bootloader
1. Download Android SDK and install it on your PC.
Note: If you are facing issues in installing the Android SDK then you can take help from here.
2. Now, switch off your device and boot it into fastboot mode by pressing “Volume Down + Volume Up + Home button” together.
3. Connect your device to PC.
4. Now, run the following command in the command prompt.
- fastboot oem unlock
5. Wait foe the process to complete.
That’s it! Your Google Nexus 5 Bootloader is unlocked! Easy, right? Similarly, the procedure to root Google Nexus 5 is also easy. Let’s go for it now!
- You Google Nexus 5 bootloader must be unlocked
- Do enable the USB debugging on your device.
- Charge your Galaxy Nexus upto 85%.
- Take a complete back-up of your important data.
Procedure To Root Google Nexus 5
1. Download Nexus 5 Rooting Toolkit on your PC and extract it on the desktop.
2. Once again, Switch off your device and boot it into fastboot mode by pressing “Volume Down + Volume Up + Home button” together.
3. Connect your device to PC and open the following file from the extracted fodler depending on your Computer’s operating system.
- On Windows, run “root-windows.bat”.
- On Linux, first, execute the command “chmod +x root-linux.sh” and then run the “root-linux.sh” file.
- On Mac, first, execute “chmod +x root-mac.sh” and then run the “root-mac.sh” file.
4. Now, simply, you have to follow on-screen instrcuctions.
5. Finally, your device will be rebooted.
Congratulations! Your Google Nexus 5 is rooted now, enjoy! Start using it efficiently and let us know how you can increase it performance to next level? Facing problem in unlocking bootloader or rooting Nexus 5 then connect with us via the comments box below!