Many users think that’s impossible to root mid-range devices, but it’s not true. The mid-range devices possess very less features and users can’t able to use it efficiently. Today, I will show you how to root Galaxy Y S5360 in just a few steps. Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is also a mid-range Smartphone running on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread, pretty outdated version. Currently, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is the latest version of the Android Operating System, and official Jelly Bean version is not available so to use it on your Galaxy Y device you have to root it.
That’s why, in this article I will provide you the simplest way to root Galaxy Y S5360 and install CWM Recovery. So, follow the all the steps carefully and it’s advisable to take complete backup of your phone’s data. Let’s start the tutorial now!
Disclaimer: Rooting voids your phone warranty. We are not responsible if any damage happens to your device while performing the procedure. So, follow at your own risk 😉
Things to remember
- Charge your device upto 70-80 % of total battery level.
- Make sure you have taken back-up of your important data.
- USB Debugging must be set “ON”. (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
- Install Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 drivers from here.
Download Files to root Galaxy Y S5360
Steps to root Galaxy Y S5360
1. Download all the necessary files from the above link on your Computer.
2. Copy both the files on an external SD card on your device.
3. Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key (long Press)” for a few seconds.
4. Select “install zip from SD card” and give a path to “Root File”, which you have downloaded and copied earlier.
5. After a few seconds, your phone will be rooted.
6. And now, if you want CWM Recovery to install Custom ROMs, then again boot in Recovery mode by following above procedure > Again Select “install zip from SD card” > Give a path to the CWM recovery file.
Note: Every time you have to flash CWM Recovery when you want to flash a custom ROM.
That’s it! Now you have gained the root access on your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. In case, if you have faced any trouble after/while performing above process then connect with us via below comments section and also don’t forget to leave your feedback that it works for you or not? [Via]