Recently, Samsung has started releasing updates for Galaxy Note 2. Users who are running their precious phablet (Galaxy Note 2 N7100) on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, now they can update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean officially. This is the latest build of the Android version with awesome features and many bug fixes. There two ways to download this XXDMG1 4.1.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy Note 2 N7100, one you can download directly from Samsung Kies or from entire post.
Today, in this post we will guide you on “How to install Official XXDMG1 4.1.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy Note 2 N7100“. To install Jelly Bean update for your device without any conflict, you first have to go through the post and then do the real process on your device.
Requirements to install :
1. Charge your battery up to 70%.
2. Enable USB debugging. (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
3. Backup your phone data.
4. Install Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 USB drivers from here.
5. Download files to install Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
(Note: Download according to your region)
- Download for India
- Download for Nepal
- Download for Sri Lanka
- Download for Bangladesh
Procedure to install :
1. Install drivers and extract Odin and Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 files on the desktop.
2: Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power Key (long Press), till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the Power key to enter download mode.
3: Open the “Odin.exe” and then connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin turns light green/yellow color.
4. Now select the files as per below instruction to install Android XXDMG1 4.1.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
5: Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes. (Note: If you found “.pit” file in the extracted folder then you have to check “Re-partition” box in Odin)
6: Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation finish.
7: Finally, you will get PASS! Notification on the ID: COM box and then your device will reboot automatically and now you can unplug your phone from computer.
Voila! Now your phone runs on latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Go and enjoy! If you face any problem while installing Official XXDMG1 4.1.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy Note 2 N7100, then put your query or problem via comments below and we will solve it ASAP! Also give feedback that it works for you or not? Do share with your friends and let them also update their Galaxy Note 2 N7100.