Recently, Samsung announced the new series of Android Smartphones called “Mega Series” and already two phones namely Galaxy Mega 5.8 and Galaxy Mega 6.6 are lined up in the series. Almost both the devices looks like ‘phablet’ and running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. But due to some reason, Southeast Asian owners received a fairly minor 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. There two ways to download this XWUAMG1 4.2.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy Galaxy Mega 5.8, one you can download directly from Samsung Kies or from entire post.
Today, in this post we will guide you on “How to install Official XWUAMG1 4.2.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152“. To install Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 without any conflict, you first have to go through the post and then do the real process on your device.
Firmware Details of Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 4.2.2 Update:
- Android Version: 4.2.2 – XWUAMG1 (Jelly Bean)
- PDA: I9152XWUAMG1
- CSC: I9152OLBAMF1
- MODEM: I9152XXUAMEC
- Regions: Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand
Requirements to install :
1. Charge your battery up to 70%.
2. Enable USB debugging.
For Android 4.2.2 version:
- All Apps > Settings > About Phone > Navigate to Build number > Tap “Build number” 7 times and you’ll get pop-up as “You are now a developer”.
- All Apps > Settings > System > Developer Options and Android Debugging – check box)
3. Backup your phone data.
4. Install Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 USB drivers from here.
5. Download files to update Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152
Procedure to install :
1. Install drivers and extract Odin and Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 files on the desktop.
2: Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power Key (long Press), till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the Power key/Volume Up to enter download mode.
3: Open the “Odin.exe” and then connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin turns light green/yellow color.
4. Now select the files as per below instruction to install Android XWUAMG1 4.2.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
5: Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes. Also, tick Re-Partition box if you have got a “.pit” file.
6: Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation finish.
7: Finally, you will get PASS! Notification on the ID: COM box and then your device will reboot automatically and now you can unplug your phone from computer.
Congratulations! Now your device runs on latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Go and enjoy! If you face any problem while installing XWUAMG1 4.2.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152, then put your query or problem via comments below and we will solve it ASAP! Also give feedback that it works for you or not? Do share with your friends and let them also update their Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152.