Day to day, Samsung is rolling out official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates for Galaxy series Smartphones. The main aim of releasing these updates is to cover its all flagship device and everyone can lick the taste of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. So, here is the Official XWLSW 4.1.2 Jelly bean for Galaxy S2 I9100. This is the latest build of the Android version with awesome features and many bug fixes. There two ways to download this XWLSW 4.1.2 JB update for Galaxy S2 I9100, one you can download directly from Samsung Kies or from the entire post.
To install Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 without any conflict, you first have to go through the post and then do the real process on your device.
Firmware Details of Galaxy S2 I9100 4.1.2 Update:
- Android Version: 4.1.2 – XWLSW (Jelly Bean)
- PDA: I9100XWLSW
- CSC: I9100OXAFME7
Requirements to install Jelly Bean update
1. Charge your battery up to 70%.
2. Enable USB debugging. (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
3. Backup your phone data.
4. Install Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 USB drivers from here.
5. Download files to install these files
- Jelly bean update for Galaxy S2 I9100
Steps to install Jelly Bean:
Step 1: Install drivers and extract Odin and Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S2 I9100 files on the desktop.
Step 2: Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Power Key (long Press), till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the Power key/Volume Up button to enter download mode.
Step 3: Open the “Odin.exe” and then connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin turns light green/yellow color.
Step 4: Now select the files as per below instruction to install Android XWLSW 4.1.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy S2 I9100. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
Step 5: Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes. Also, tick Re-Partition box if you have got a “.pit” file.
Step 6: Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation finish.
Step 7: Finally, you will get PASS! Notification on the ID: COM box and then your device will reboot automatically and now you can unplug your phone from computer.
Congratulations! Now your device runs on latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Go and enjoy! If you face any problem while installing XWLSW 4.1.2 Jelly bean update for Galaxy S2 I9100, then put your query or problem via comments below and we will solve it ASAP! Also give feedback that it works for you or not? Do share with your friends and let them also update their Galaxy S2 I9100.