HTC – one of the prominent and dominant Android device manufacturers launched HTC Butterfly S in June and made available in July in all over the world. A power packed device running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean has an eye-catching design with an awesome feature. Though the users are not satisfied and want the root method to sniff out some hidden features.
Today, I am going to show you the simplest method to root HTC Butterfly S running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. So, if you own HTC Butterfly S then by rooting, you will get various boundless possibilities to access it. Now, you have to go through the complete tutorial and follow all the steps carefully. If you have any queries then do share with us via the comments box below! And of course, this will save your phone from being damaged.
Disclaimer: A rooting process voids your device warranty and we are not responsible for any of the damage that happens while performing this tutorial. This guide id especially belongs to root HTC Butterfly S; don’t dare to try it on any other Android devices.
BEFORE WE START
1. Charge your battery up to 70-80%.
2. Make sure USB Debugging must be ON.
3. Install HTC Butterfly S drivers from here.
4. Backup your phone data.
5. The phone bootloader must be unlocked.
6. Download files to root HTC Butterfly S.
Download Root Package on your Computer from below link and don’t dare to extact it.
Download and extract Fastboot file on your Computer desktop from below given link.
HOW TO ROOT HTC BUTTERFLY S
1. Now, switch off your device and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume down + Power Key” for a few seconds.
2. Immediately, connect your device to Computer via USB Cable.
3. Navigate to the fastboot folder and there hold down the Shift Key and press Right Click on the mouse. A small dialog box will open and from there select the option called “open command window here” to open a command prompt.
4. Type the following command in the command prompt to flash the custom recovery.
- fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-dlxpul.img
5. As soon as the flashing process is completed, turn off your device and disconnect it from USB cable also.
6. Now, place the rooting package in to your external SD memory.
7. Again, switch off your device and boot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume down + Power Key” for a few seconds. Choose “recovery” option from there.
7. Now, Select “choose a zip from SD card” and give a path to “Root Package”.
8. Let the installation to be completed.
9. Go back to the main menu and from there select “Reboot Now!”
That’s it! You have gain a root access on your HTC Butterfly S and you can install various Custom ROMs, apps, themes, etc. Go for it without hesitation. [Via]