Seriously, if I own tab then it must be for gaming only because roaming with big device isn’t possible. Many users stick with the Stock ROM and uses pre-defined features, is it worth? I must say no! Sometimes, we bored using that creepy Stock ROM and we want something new, and that’s the reason we go for Custom ROM. Today, I am here to provide your Custom ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. It’s Carbon ROM, which is fast and stable ROM. It contains awesome customization features inherited from Slim ROM, CyanogenMod ROM, and others.
In this article, we will guide you on how to install Carbon ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with complete steps. First, read the whole tutorial carefully and if any query arises in your mind then do ask us via below comments section, this will help you to save your device from being damaged and then only you can follow the below tutorial.
Note: 1) This ROM is not developed by us (AndroidRooting.com), so if some functionality is not working then don’t blame us, just report your problem here (XDA Thread) to get solved. 2) You can install this update JellyBean on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT – p5110/p5113.
Things To Do:
1. Your tablet should have 70 – 80% battery.
2. Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box).
3. The tablet must be rooted and CWM Recovery installed.
4. Ensure you have backed up your important data.
5. Install Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB drivers from here.
6. Download files to install Carbon ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
- Carbon ROM
Method To Install Carbon ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
1. Download above to file to your computer.
2. Connect your tablet to PC via USB cable to copy the downloaded file into an external/internal memory and disconnect it when the copying is completed.
3. Switch off your tablet.
4. Boot into CWM Recovery by “pressing and holding Volume UP + Power button”. In the Recovery mode, use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
5. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
6. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file. Wait for the ROM installation to complete. Similarly, follow this step to flash Gapps.
7. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
8. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Carbon ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Now, taste it and share your feedback with us in the below comments section 😀