The HTC Desire is a very popular Android Smartphone which was released back in 2010 and had featured hardware specifications such as a 1 GHz processor, 576 MB of RAM, 4 GB of internal storage along with MicroSD storage expansion support up to 32 GB, 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash and all of these powered by a 1400 mAh battery.
The hardware specifications of the HTC Desire are quite old, according to today’s standards and it might have started affecting the performance of the Smartphone too. Therefore, if you own a HTC Desire Android Smartphone and if you’re interested in rooting and installing a custom ROM on your HTC Desire, then today we’re here with a detailed tutorial on how to install the J00m custom ROM running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on your HTC Desire.
Installing this custom ROM on your HTC Desire will bring in performance boost, battery optimizations and also many features of the Android 4.4 Kitkat OS to your Smartphone.
Before you actually begin the process to install the J00m custom ROM on your HTC Desire, here are a couple of warning statements:
- Rooting and installing custom ROM’s on Android Smartphones is an unauthorized process and tends to void the warranty of your Smartphone.
- We are not responsible if you end up damaging your HTC Desire during or after completing the guide written below. Hence, proceed at your own risk only.
- We recommend you to take a complete backup of all the data stored in the internal storage space of your HTC Desire, as during the installation process, you’ll wipe away all the data stored in the internal storage of your Smartphone.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow prior to installing the J00m custom ROM on your HTC Desire Android Smartphone:
- Make sure that your HTC Desire has already been rooted and CWM recovery has been installed.
- Make sure that you’ve charged your HTC Desire before attempting to install this custom ROM.
- Download the ROM kit from here.
- Download the Google Apps kit from here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC Desire.
How to Install J00m Android 4.4.2 custom ROM on HTC Desire:
And now, below is the detailed tutorial on how to install the J00m custom ROM on the HTC Desire Android Smartphone:
- First of all, connect your Smartphone to the PC.
- Copy/Paste both the downloaded files to the external storage space on your Smartphone. Do not extract these files.
- Disconnect your Smartphone from the PC and power it OFF.
- Now boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Power keys.
- From the recovery menu, perform a “Wipe Cache Partition” “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Data Factory Reset”.
- Now, choose the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Select the ROM kit that you placed earlier in the external SD card on your Smartphone and confirm the selection.
- Now the ROM will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Now choose the Google Apps kit that you placed earlier on to your Smartphone and confirm the selection.
- Then the Google Apps kit will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Then return back the main menu to the recovery menu and choose the “Reboot System Now” option.
- Your Smartphone will now reboot.
Wait for the reboot process to complete. Congratulations, you have now successfully completed installing the J00m Android 4.4.2 custom ROM on your HTC Desire Android Smartphone.