Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H receives a second official update from the manufacturer. The update consists of the various improvements fingerprint & heart rate sensors and also optimizes device performance. The latest XXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat is for mainly Asian region users. One can install this latest update via OTA or using Samsung KIES. In case, if you are not comfortable with this method, then here is the manual guide on “How to install XXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S5 G900H“.
Model name: GALAXY S5
Version: Android 4.4.2
Before going for update procedure, please make sure that you have Samsung Galaxy S5 model SM-G900H (3G variant). If your device doesn’t meet this requirement, then stay away from the guide. Now, let’s get started.
- Device must be charged upto 80% of the total battery level.
- Must be enable USB debugging found under the “Settings” menu.
- Do have a complete backup of your current data.
- Do install the Galaxy S5 USB Drivers from here.
Download Update Files:
How To Install XXU1ANG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy S5 G900H
Step 1) Download above all files on your computer as well as extract it on the desktop.
step 2) Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5 device.
Step 3) Now, boot your device in to download mode by pressing and holding following key combination.
- Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button – you’ll get a warning window
- To avoid it, press Volume Up for one more time and you have entered into the downloading mode.
Step 4) Open the “Odin.exe” from the extracted folder.
Step 5) Connect your device in downloading mode only to your computer with the help of USB data cable.
Step 6) Once your device is connected, blue/yellow/green light will glow under one for the ID:COM box.
Step 7) Now, you have to select files as per below are defined configuration.
- Click on “AP / PDA” button and select “.tar.md5″ file.
- Click on “CP / Phone” button and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Ignore this selection, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “CSC” button and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Ignore this selection, if you don’t find such file)
- Click on “PIT” button and select the “.pit” file. (Ignore this selection, if you don’t find such file)
Step 8) Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked. Don’t check any other box.
Note: If you find “.pit” file in your extracted folder then you have compulsory check Re-Partition box.
Step 9) Finally, hit the “Start” button to start the updating process.
Step 10) Once all the tasks are completed, you’ll receive “PASS” message on the screen with the big green ring.
That’s it! Your device is updated to latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Check out the various improvements and device performance. For any help, post your queries in the comments box below. Enjoy 😀