It’s hardly been one sale for the Redmi Note 4G into the subcontinent but the LTE enabled device that’s being touted as “Made for India” by Xiaomi has already topped up on the shopping lists of many for the coming Tuesday. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with CPU cores based upon a faster architecture than the one on the Redmi 1S. What it brings more to the spec sheet of the giant phablet is LTE connectivity.
The device runs a Qualcomm Processor so it’s obvious that it’ll be treated with golds by the developer community and for those who’ve already received their devices as a part of the first batch, let’s get a Custom Recovery running on your phone.
Installing a Custom Recovery is a very important step in the process of installing multiple ROMs on your phone and to top it all, to root your phone.
Done with all the talking, let’s get started with the process.
As Xiaomi claims, it supports rooting and after market firmware installation. Hence, you won’t be loosing your phone’s warranty as you proceed with this process.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY ON XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4G:
- Download the custom recovery’s flashable zip file that you’ll need for the installation from this link.
- Rename the file downloaded in the previous step to “update.zip” so as to be compatible with the file name used by the stock recovery.
- Now, place the above file in the root folder of your phone’s internal memory which is the default directory for the stock recovery.
- Boot into recovery mode(stock MIUI recovery) by:
Either Pressing Volume Up+ Power buttons on boot(Notice that this key combination might differ different devices!)
or, From the UPDATER app’s options menu.
Notice that this step will lead you into the stock recovery mode where you can navigate using the volume keys and use the power key for selection.
- Navigate to “Install update.zip” and select by pressing the power key.
- The stock recovery will proceed with the installation of the new recovery.
The stock recovery will notify you once it has done completing the flashing process. Now the next time you try to boot into recovery, you’ll be headed straight to your newly installed Recovery. Notice that TWRP is a touch based recovery where you can Navigate much easily and provides us with NAND backup and restore facilities!
That’s all folks! Keep pushing those words in the comments section in case you need any help or have any suggestions.