The Micromax Canvas Turbo was the common man’s FullHD phone and a response to those over priced flagships boasting FullHD displays from Micromax, nearly a year ago. The phone has a gorgeous display and enough of fire power under the hood in the form of a Mediatek MT6589T chipset with it’s cores clocked in at 1.5 GHz alongside 2 GB of RAM. Meanwhile, with Micromax, it is a saying that “with great specifications, comes poor software” but it doesn’t fares off the same way with the Canvas Turbo. The device has a received a very decent amount of development over the forums and today we’re gonna help you with the installation of one such custom ROM. Any Xperia Lovers here?
This is a Custom ROM with Xperia framework and apps based upon Android 4.4 Kitkat. Most of the features seem to be working though. Here are a few screenshots for eyes to feast upon!
Done with that, let’s have a look at how you can get this ROM running on your Canvas Turbo.
How To Install Pure Xperia Z2 ROM on your Micromax Canvas Turbo A250:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode(Generally using Vol Up+Power Buttons).
- In the recovery mode try navigating using the Volume keys and for selection, use the Power key.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” (We mean the external SD card here!).
- Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the above step and proceed to flash it.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
- Sit back and relax, You’re home fella!
If you’re done with all the steps mentioned above in the order they’ve been given, you’ll land up on the Xperia homescreen in a few minutes as the first boot usually takes around 3 minutes depending upon the ROM and your phone’s hardware. Just keep you calm and enjoy the ROM.
For more on this, you can leave us a word in the comments section or head over to the original thread via this link.