MIUI Rom is one the best custom ROM for Android phones it gives the best performance and speed to phone. Now you can update your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 with MIUI Patchrom based on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and you can enjoy the fast and stable ROM without any bug.
MIUI ROM provides a different and custom ROM you can enjoy extra features Jelly Bean 4.1.2. It is not an official release from Samsung for Galaxy S2 but you can install MIUI Patchrom on Galaxy S2 by following this tutorial.
For this you need Custom Recovery like Clickworkmod Recovery so that you can install the zip file and flash this new fresh ROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100.
This is the detailed tutorial to install MIUI Patchrom on Galaxy S2 and you should follow each and every step carefully. Before proceeding to the tutorial read the steps, which helps you to keep your data safe from any type of damage.
Tips Before Proceeding to Tutorial
1. First of all you have to backup your data, because during the installation of ROM all the data stored in ROM will be deleted and if you didn’t have a backup file then you will lose your data. For this you can use any app which will back up all the content of your phone and if you had installed Custom Recovery then it will be an easy task, because this will backup all the settings of your phone and you easily restore those settings.
2. Now you should install Drivers of Galaxy S2 I9100 on your computer. This will help you to connect your phone with a PC so that you can easily transfer files from your PC to Phone. You can download Drivers for Galaxy S2 from official Site.
3. Now you have to enable USB debugging in your Galaxy S2 this will help you to connect your phone with a PC without any problem. For this Goto Settings>>>Application Settings>>>USB Debugging and turn it on.
4. Now check the battery of your phone and charge it up to 70-80 %. This step is very necessary because if your phone shuts off during the installation process then your phone will be bricked.
These are the simple but very necessary steps and you should follow all the steps carefully so that you can keep your data and phone safe. Now follow the below steps to install MIUI Patchrom on Galaxy S2. Don’t try to skip any step without knowing about it it can harm your data and phone.
Notice: This tutorial is to install MIUI Patchrom on Galaxy S2 I9100 so don’t follow this tutorial for any other device. You have to Root and install custom recovery on your phone and all the data from your phone will be deleted so it is advised to backup your data.
Steps to Install MIUI Patchrom on Galaxy S2 I9100
1. First of all you have to download MIUI Patchrom (http://d-h.st/uZI) on your computer and store it without extracting any file.
2. Now you have to connect your phone to computer via USB and mount USB Memory and copy/paste the downloaded file into the root directory of your Galaxy S2 I9100.
3. Now unplug the USB cable and turn off your phone.
4. Now turn your phone on into recovery mode by pressing Volume UP+Home+Power Buttons together.
5. Now you are in recovery mode and you can use the Volume UP/Down buttons to move the selection and power button to select the option.
6. Now You have to wipe all the data by selecting “Wipe data/factory reset”. This will delete all the user data of old version. You can also select “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
7. Now select “install zip from sd” and select “choose zip from sdcard”. Now you have to select the ROM file and confirm the installation in next steps. It will automatically start the installation.
8. After finishing the installation go to the main menu and select “reboot system now”.
First time it will take time during the starting process so wait for at least 10 minutes. Now you have successfully installed the MIUI Patchrom on galaxy S2 I9100 and enjoy the bug free latest features of MIUI and Jelly Bean.
You can Goto Settings>>>About Phone to check the version and other details about this custom ROM.