The Nexus 7 2012 is no little thing when it comes to Android tablets after all it was the first one from Google. There was a lot of anticipation over the 7 incher from Google itself as a matter of fact, it was a Nexus device. Being a Nexus device means you’ll get to have all the vanilla flavored confectionery served onto the tables before any other device gets a hand on. Meanwhile, although there are a lot of users who would love to have this amazing switch of UI to the highly respected MIUI by Xiaomi.
MIUI is one of the most famous and favorite after market firmware which is used as the stock firmware on Xiaomi devices. Critically acclaimed for being the most beautiful out there, MIUI is highly customize-able with thousands of themes that can be downloaded. Fast, smooth and based upon Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, MIUI v6 is the latest version of MIUI out there. Let’s give it a try 🙂
How to Install MIUI V6 Android 4.4 ROM on your Google Nexus 7 2012:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file and Gapps Zip files.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode(Generally using Vol Up+Power Buttons).
- In the recovery mode try navigating using the Volume keys and for selection, use the Power key.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” (We mean the external sd card here!).
- Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the above step and proceed to flash it.
- Flash the Gapps zip file in a similar fashion. This helps you runs all the Google services on your fresh installation.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
- Sit back and relax, You’re home fella!
Done with the flashing process, you’ll have to play with a bit of patience here as the first boot may take up to 2 minutes but hey, that’s worth the wait. Moreover, if you have any suggestions/queries, do leave us a word in the comments section.
For more, you can head over to the original thread.