Xiaomi promised this long back but hasn’t been able to fulfill even a single word in all of the statements given. The Xiaomi Redmi 1S is still running on the older Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with company’s own MIUI v5.
This doesn’t looks so good as delaying the updates by much can actually lead to a dissatisfaction among the customers. However, corresponding to the user base that the device has got, it is being treated very well in terms of off market development at the forums.
One such is this MIUI 6 port for the Redmi 1S.
Before we get this ROM to run on your devices, let me make this point very clear that this is not a custom ROM, neither an official one but a MIUI v6 port for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S from the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G.
Here are some screenshots:
This ROM is in it’s very early stages, so although a lot of things work but there’s a list of what’s not working too.
– Digitalizer (Touchscreen)
– Wifi (MAC too)
– Digitalizer firmware update.
HOW TO INSTALL MIUI V6 ON XIAOMI REDMI 1S:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode(Generally using Vol Up+Power Buttons).
- In the recovery mode try navigating using the Volume keys and for selection, use the Power key.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” (We mean the external sd card here!).
- Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the above step and proceed to flash it.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
- Sit back and relax, You’re home fella!
If you’ve gone through all the steps mentioned above in the order they’ve been given, you’ll land up on the Homescreen of your fresh MIUI V6 installation in a few minutes as the first boot usually takes around 2 minutes depending upon the ROM and the hardware. Just keep you calm and enjoy the ROM.
For more on this, you can drop us a word in the comments section or head over to the original thread if you’re keen enough. Happy to help!