HTC Explorer – a small but yet powerful device from the HTC, though it does not include many features. To increase the efficiency of the device, we can root it and then go for tweaks and Custom ROMs to customize your device completely. I hope you have rooted HTC Explorer and waiting for the Custom ROM to install on it. So, here is the Minimilised ROM which you can install on HTC Explorer. The ROM is famous for its smoothness and minimalist looks. All the features of the Minimilised ROM is defined below:
Features of Minimilised ROM:
- Slim ROM [100MB]
- Removed recent apps button in Status Bar
- Applied as many tweaks as possible which works on our little Pico
- Tabbed Settings
- Status bar background Changed
- New Kernel 3.0.81
- Updated to latest Mini-CM9 build
- Wi-Fi Toggle fixed. Trust me! [Firt turn off data usage then try it][WORKS FOR ME]
- SystemUI.apk & framework-res.apk Modded
- Reduced size of framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk
- And much more…
In this article, we will guide you on how to install Minimilised ROM on HTC Explorer Pico with complete steps. First, read the whole tutorial carefully and if any query arises in your mind then do ask us via below comments section, this will help you to save your device from being damaged and then only you can follow the below tutorial.
Disclaimer: This ROM is not developed by us (AndroidRooting.com), so if some functionality are not working then don’t blame us, just report your problem here (XDA Thread) to get solved.
1. Your mobile should have 70 – 80% battery
2. Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
3. Ensure you have backed up your important data.
5. Download file to install Minimilised ROM on HTC Explorer Pico
Steps to Install Minimilised ROM on HTC Explorer Pico
Step 1: Download above files to your Computer.
Step 2: Copy the downloaded files in your external SD card.
Step 3: Turn Off your phone, by taking out the battery and insert it back. Now, you have to boot your device in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up key + Power Key (long press). In the Recovery mode, use the Volume keys to move up/down and the Power key to select a highlighted item.
Step 4: Now, from the main menu choose Wipe Data and give Yes to confirm to delete stock ROM data.
Step 5: After that, again navigate to main menu > choose install zip from SD card > Choose ROM file (from an external SD card), which you have downloaded and Wait for the installation to complete. Repeat this step and next time choose Gapps file to install it.
Step 6: Finally, go back to the main menu and select reboot system now. The phone will take 10-15 minutes to start and initialize all the services & apps because this is the first time you are starting a phone after installing a new ROM.
Go to Settings > About Phone to check the version and other details about this custom ROM. If you are facing any problem in installing ROM then put your problems below via comments and we will try to solve it ASAP! Enjoy 😀