The HTC One M8 with it’s doubled optics held up quite well for being a true successor to the already special HTC One M7. Not only does the M8 looks better but overpowers it’s predecessor in all aspects. Although the M8 is upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop, yet we can never run out of positives of Vanilla Android over it’s skinned counterparts. Therefore, here we are with this amazing custom ROM for your HTC One M8 based upon Vanilla Android 5.0 Lollipop.
What makes this one more special is that this ROM promises to be Liquid Smooth by it’s name and as far as my personal experience is concerned with this after market firmware, it is actually much more smoother than any other Custom ROM on the block, courtesy improved scrolling cache and massive memory improvements.
Therefore, without much ado, let’s get started with the installation of the LiquidSmooth 4.0 on your HTC One M8.
How to Install LiquidSmooth 4.0 Android 5.0 ROM on your HTC One M8:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device as that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file(Nightly Build) and Gapps Zip(Packaged, required to flash all Google Services onto your fresh installation) files.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate using the Volume keys and use the Power key for selection.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset. Doing this will help you get a clean installation without any previously stored junk.
- Now go to “Install zip from SD card” from the recovery options menu.
- Select the ROM file that you downloaded in the step #2 and proceed with the flashing process by selecting Yes on the follow up screen.
- Flash the Gapps zip file in a similar fashion.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
Be patient as the first boot might take a bit longer than usual so as to finalize the installation and get the files ready to work on the upgraded platform. This can take around 2 minutes. Once your phone has booted up, you’ll land up on the Android 5.0 welcome screen. All set and you’re ready to go!
However, since this ROM is still under nightlies, you can expect bug fixes and updates regularly. In case you ended up in a bootloop or missed out on any of the steps or the given sequence, do leave us a word. We’ll be more than happy to help!