Although the Redmi Note sales had to be pulled off courtesy some patent issues, the Chinese phablet did created a lot of buzz before leaving the playground.
The Redmi Note is one popular device for sure and despite a MediaTek running under the hood, there’s already a very special port ready to be flashed onto the device! It’s a Galaxy S5 ROM that we’re talking about and boy it looks good!
Moreover, it runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat and has every single Touchwiz trick under it’s sleeve.
Excited? Let’s have a look at some screenshots:
How To Install Galaxy S5 Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode(Generally using Vol Up+Power Buttons).
- In the recovery mode try navigating using the Volume keys and for selection, use the Power key.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” (We mean the external sd card here!).
- Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the above step and proceed to flash it.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
- Sit back and relax, You’re home fella!
Please note that this ROM is stable though in very early stages. Also, it doesn’t contains a keyboard, so in order to have one, make sure that you put one keyboard installer in your SD card before you start with this ROM. Please be patient as the first boot may take a few minutes.
For more on this, do leave us a few words in the comments. Happy to help !