The Motorola Moto G was the undisputed champion in the mid range for the first half of 2014 and later got replaced by it’s own successor. What’s more special about this device is that the first generation Moto G was a completely Google baked and backed device and for similar reasons, runs Android 5.0 officially.
Meanwhile, as we all know that even for Vanilla Android, the stock ROMs have never been talked about on grounds of performance and by that, I do mean hardcore performance.
How to resolve it? The answer is, install an after market firmware. Talking on the same, how about a Cyanogenmod 12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop port?
This is a very early port, so rest assured, you’re gonna face a few stutters here and there but that’s fine considering the amount of efforts the developers put in every day to make the ROM as usable as possible.
Here’s a list of What’s Working:
Low Power Mode
Done with that, let’s begin with our step by step tutorial to install this ROM onto your device.
How to Install Cyanogenmod 12 Android 5.0.1 ROM on your Motorola Moto G XT1032:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file and Gapps Zip files.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode(Generally using Vol Up+Power Buttons).
- In the recovery mode try navigating using the Volume keys and for selection, use the Power key.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” (We mean the external sd card here!).
- Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the above step and proceed to flash it.
- Flash the Gapps zip file in a similar fashion. This helps you runs all the Google services on your fresh installation.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
- Sit back and relax, You’re home fella!
Done with the flashing process, you’ll have to play with a bit of patience here as the first boot may take up to 2 minutes but hey, that’s worth the wait. Moreover, if you have any suggestions/queries, do leave us a word in the comments section.
For more, you can head over to the original thread.