The Spice Android One Dream UNO is actually the most promising offering from the manufacturer till date and why it shouldn’t be? I mean it an Android One device and thus, shares the same hardware as it’s other two sibling.
Being somewhat less popular than the Micromax lad, the Spice Android One Dream UNO is a stubborn campaigner and since it is a part of the Android One programme, it is expected to catch the eyes of the developers out there who find themselves more comfortable developing for Google baked devices.
As expected, there is already a Cyanogenmod 11 build ready to be flashed onto your device(In case you own one!) and we’re gonna help you get through the flashy process!
Please Note That Since this ROM is still under development, a few hiccups could be there anyways. Keep calm and believe in the developers, they do work hard everyday to keep this bugs in check.
HOW TO INSTALL CYANOGENMOD 11 ON Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi 498:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file and Gapps Zip files.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode(Generally using Vol Up+Power Buttons).
- In the recovery mode try navigating using the Volume keys and for selection, use the Power key.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” (We mean the external sd card here!).
- Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the above step and proceed to flash it.
- Flash the Gapps zip file in a similar fashion. This helps you runs all the Google services on your fresh installation.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
- Sit back and relax, You’re home fella!
If you’ve gone through all the steps mentioned above in the order they’ve been given, you’ll land up on the Homescreen of your Cyanogenmod installation in a few minutes as the first boot usually takes around 2 minutes depending upon the ROM and the hardware. Just keep you calm and enjoy the ROM.
For more on this, you can drop us a word in the comments section or head over to the original thread if you’re keen enough. Happy to help!
Credits to the ParanoidAndroid Team for the Gapps package!