Archos Gen10 – a super-fast, ultra-thin tablet featuring ARM Cortex A9 superimposed with 1.5GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB Storage and running on Android 4. o ICS. However, after getting hands-on on the tablet efficiently, we can something new – a change that makes us greedy to use the tablet daily. In other words, I can say we want to open-up some extra doors for your tablet, and to do so we have to root it.
As we know, a device or a tablet running on Android 4.0 is very easy to root and I hope you have done so. Indeed, the difficult task is to find the best Custom ROM for Archos Gen10 Tablet. But don’t go anywhere, today, I am here to provide you one of the best Custom ROMs for Archos Gen10 Tablet. The name of the ROM is BlueAndroid based on Android 4.1.2 Stock ROM and some applications are also updated to Android 4.2 core. Want to know more about the features of BlueAndroid ROM, then head it over to here.
Today, in this post we will guide you on “How to install BlueAndroid Custom ROM on Archos Gen10 Tablet”. Simply you have to follow the below steps to get the BlueAndroid ROM on your tab. First, read the whole tutorial carefully and if any query arises in your mind then do ask us via below comments section, this will help you to save your device from being damaged and then only you can follow the below tutorial.
1. Charge your battery up to 70-80%.
2. Make sure USB Debugging must be ON.
3. Make a complete backup of your device data.
4. Your tablet must be rooted.
5. Download files to install BlueAndroid Custom ROM on Archos Gen10 Tablet
Procedure to Install BlueAndroid Custom ROM on Archos Gen10 Tablet
1. Download above to file to your computer and extract it on the desktop.
2. Connect your tablet to PC via USB cable to copy the “archos.ext4” in the device root directory from the extracted folder.
3. Turn off your tablet.
4. Now, Power On the tablet holding down the “Volume down” button to boot into recovery mode.
5. From there, Select (Recovery System) > Developer Options > Flash initramfs and zImage (or similar)
6. Now, copy “zImage” and “initramfs.cpio.lzo” from the extracted folder in the new drive which appears eventually, and disconnect it when the copying is completed.
7. Press POWER Button to flash the file and now it will boot into CWM recovery mode. To do so, Choose OK to reboot.
8. In the Recovery Mode you have to wipe complete data by choosing the “wipe data/factory reset” option and then perform complete cache wipe by choosing “advanced” options in the CWM Recovery mode and then navigate to “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
9. Return to the Recovery main menu and choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and give a path to downloaded ROM from file.
10. Now, wait for a few minutes for the installation process to complete. If it is completed, then again returns to the Recovery main menu and from there choose ‘Reboot Now’.
11. As this is the first time, you are starting the device after installing ROM, so wait for a few minutes to initialize all the services and applications.
Hurray! you have successfully instaledl BlueAndroid Custom ROM on Archos Gen10 Tablet. Now go and enjoy it. Don’t forget to leave your feedback and do share your reviews with us 😀