Back in the days when Samsung ruled the world, the Galaxy Grand was undoubtedly the most beloved mid ranger. Back then, a 5 inch screen estate over a dual core chipset meant some sort of premium to many.
Topped up with a Gigabyte of RAM, the Galaxy Grand was a blockbuster! After all the applause it gathered while sweeping off shelves, it was nothing but obvious that the device was a hit, even at the developer forums.
This could be the reason why this over an year old device stands tall as one of the first devices of it’s age to have a working Cyanogenmod 12 that’s Android 5.0 Lollipop port. Sounds decent enough right?
This is a very early port, so rest assured, you’re gonna face a few stutters here and there but that’s fine considering the amount of efforts the developers put in every day to make the ROM as usable as possible.
Make sure you’re at least on the 4.2 update as the 4.1 bootloader doesn’t supports this installation completely! Hence, update to 4.2 stock before you proceed.
Meanwhile, here are some screenshots to feast your eyes:
How to Install Cyanogenmod 12 Android 5.0 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand i9082:
- Make sure you have backed up all the data and have a custom recovery ready on your device that’ll be required to complete the flashing process.
- Download the ROM file and Gapps Zip files.
- Put the files downloaded above in the root folder(preferable) of your sd card.
- Boot your phone up in recovery mode(Generally using Vol Up+Power Buttons).
- In the recovery mode try navigating using the Volume keys and for selection, use the Power key.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data/ Do a factory reset for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” (We mean the external sd card here!).
- Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the above step and proceed to flash it.
- Flash the Gapps zip file in a similar fashion. This helps you runs all the Google services on your fresh installation.
- From the recovery menu, Click “Reboot System Now”.
- Sit back and relax, You’re home fella!
Done with the flashing process, you’ll have to be patient here as the first boot may take up to 2 minutes based upon how quick your device finalizes the installation. Moreover, if you have any suggestions/queries, do leave us a word in the comments section.