Owing a old Android version Smartphone is really a too bad experience. Same with Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 running on Android 2.3.6, which is too old version of Android OS. Do you want to update your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Official Firmware? Then follow this post carefully.
Today, in this article I will show you the easiest way to Install Android 4.1.2 On Galaxy S Advance I9070. If you are ready then follow the steps below.
Disclaimer: We have not developed this ROM, so if anything happens to your phone or some functionality are not working then don’t blame us! As this is the latest official build so it might happen that do not face any problem, try at your own risk.
1. Your mobile should have 70 – 80% battery
2. Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging (All apps > Settings > Manage Applications > Development > USB Debugging – check box)
3. Ensure you have backed up your important data.
Step by Step Guide on:
How to install Android 4.1.2 Official Jelly Bean.
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 Official Jelly Bean on Galaxy S Advance I9070 and extract it on desktop.
Step 2: Download Odin v1.85 to flash Android 4.1.2 Official Jelly Bean and extract it on desktop.
Step 3: Now, switch off your phone to boot it into Odin/Download mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power Key (long Press), till you see the Android Logo on screen. And then press the Volume Up key to enter download mode.
Step 3: Open the “Odin.exe” and then connect your phone to computer via USB cable. As soon as you connect, ID:COM box in Odin turns light green/yellow.
Step 4: Now select the files as per below instruction to install Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S Advance. Files are found to be from the extracted folder.
- Click on “PDA” and select file with “CODE” in its name.
- Click on “Phone” and select file with “MODEM” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “CSC” and select file with “CSC” in its name. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
- Click on “PIT” and select “.pit” file. (Note: Ignore this step if you don’t able to find such file)
Step 5: Make sure that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot boxes are checked on Odin. Don’t check any other boxes.
Step 6: Click on Start button on Odin to start installation process. It will take upto 5 – 8 minutes, so please wait for the installation finish.
Step 7: Finally, you will get PASS! Notification on the ID: COM box and then your device will reboot automatically and now you can unplug your phone from computer.
All the tutorials and download links are collected from internet and various sources. We are not responsible for any damage in your device. Here we are putting our best to collect and publish accurate articles.So, Follow the tutorials at your own risk.