Micromax has been one of the top smartphone sellers in the Indian marketplace., However despite packing some beefy hardware at a very affordable price point, they have consistently lagged behind in the software department. That all seems to be heading for a sea change as now we see even the entry level Micromax Unite 2 is receiving a firmware upgrade to the latest version of Android! Is it a sign of things to come or is this just a one off thing to one up it’s main competitor Xiaomi? We may not know for sure at this moment but this is certainly a very positive step and we welcome it with open arms!
- This is an official update by Micromax so you do NOT need to be rooted or have a custom recovery installed. If you are then please revert back to the original ROM and remove root and custom recovery before flashing this update.
- For FOTA upgradation process, please ensure that you have a memory card inserted with at least 1GB free space.
- The free space in application memory should be more than 300MB.
- We recommend you to take a back up of your data and reset your device before starting up-gradation process.
- As the update size is quite large, it is recommended that you connect t a WiFi connection before downloading the update.
- Also the battery of the phone must be over 40% to install this update!
Connect your Micromax Unite A106 to SIM data connection or WiFi.
You can check for the update from Settings >> About phone >> system update.
After the first update appears as shown in the screenshot. Click “YES” to start downloading the update.
After download is completed, click “Update Now” to install the update. Phone will reboot.
After installing first update successfully a notification for the Second update appears.
Click that notification, it will redirect to system update page. Or you can manually check update from Settings >> About phone >> software update.
Click OK to start downloading the update.
After phone reboots, it gives notification “Updated successfully“.
FOTA upgrade process is completed. Reboot your phone again after installation is complete.
Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded your Unite 2 to the latest version o Android, Lollipop. How was your upgrading experience? Did you face some hiccups? Leave us a comment down below! If you’re facing any problems about the OS upgrading, feel free to ask us and we’ll be happy to answer!