The HTC Explorer is a budget and pocket friendly Android Smartphone released back in September 2011. Back then, the HTC Explorer was a very popular choice among Android users, thanks to its cute looks, impressive hardware, great built quality and a very competitive price tag.
However, years have passed and the HTC Explorer has too begun to show signs of ageing and runs a bit older version of Android, the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. If you wish to upgrade your HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat, you can do so by rooting your HTC Explorer and flashing in the BeanStalk custom ROM. Flashing the BeanStalk custom ROM will upgrade your HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat and will bring some performance tweaks as well.
Well, to make stuffs easier for you we’re here today with a guide that will teach you how to install the BeanStalk custom ROM on your HTC Explorer Android Smartphone.
Here are a couple of warning information for you to read before attempting to upgrade HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat:
- Rooting and installing custom ROM’s on an Android Smartphone is an unauthorized process. And as a result, you’ll void the warranty over your HTC Explorer once you root it and install any custom ROM.
- If you wrongly follow this guide, there are certain risks of you damaging your HTC Explorer. Hence we recommend you to follow this guide at your own risk only and we are not to be blamed if something goes wrong.
- Take a backup of all necessary information from your HTC Explorer before following this guide, as after you upgrade your HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat you’ll lose all data’s stored in your Smartphone’s internal storage.
- You need to root your HTC Explorer and install CWM recovery before attempting to upgrade your HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Below are a few prerequisite steps to follow before attempting to upgrade HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat:
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC Explorer from Settings>More>Development Options> and then checking the USB Debugging check box.
- Make sure that your HTC Explorer has a minimum battery backup of 80%.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for HTC Explorer on your PC.
- Download and install ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store to your HTC Explorer.
- Download the upgrade kit from here.
- Download the G-Apps kit from here.
How To Upgrade HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat:
Below is the detailed guide on how you can upgrade HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat:
- Connect your HTC Explorer to the PC.
- Copy and Paste the upgrade kit and the G-Apps kit to the storage space on your HTC Explorer.
- Disconnect your HTC Explorer from the PC.
- Now open the ROM manager app from your HTC Explorer and then click on the option to enter the Recovery mode. Your device will then reboot into the recovery mode.
- From the recovery mode menu, click on “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Now choose the upgrade kit and confirm the selection.
- Now the upgrade kit will be installed on your HTC Explorer.
- Then choose the G-Apps kit and confirm the selection.
- Now the G-Apps kit will be installed on your HTC Explorer.
- Go back to the main menu of recovery mode and then click on “Reboot System Now” option.
- Now your Smartphone will reboot.
The reboot process might take some time longer than usual, as its the first boot after installing a custom ROM. Hence, please wait peacefully. Congratulations, you have now successfully completed the processes to upgrade HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat.
In case of any queries or doubts, please mention them as comments below.